Higher Education Scholarship
Awarded to high school seniors who have been insured for a minimum of two years. Learn about the Honors Program for additional opportunities.
Continuing Education Scholarship
Eligible for students of any age who have been insured for a minimum of two years and in pursuit of a degree.
Eligible for members age 50 and older, who have been insured for a minimum of two years and desire to seek non-degree learning opportunities.
Insured members enrolled in higher education may be eligible to borrow funds for tuition expense. The funds are interest-free until completing your course of education, or after five years.
To learn more, call 800-947-5812 and talk with one of our qualified Member Service representatives.
Accidental Death Benefit
Insured members provided with additional monetary benefit to your beneficiary if you should die as a result of an accident.
Insured members who are victims of natural disasters – such as fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes or earthquakes – may receive financial aid if they are in need.
We offer a number of benefits to support your family when tragedy may strike.
- Surviving Orphan Benefit – insured children orphaned by the death of both parents receive financial assistance throughout youth when at least one parent was an insured member.
- Uninsurable Child Benefit – provides a $3,000 life insurance policy for uninsurable children at standard rates prior to age of 60 days, and a rated premium if child is beyond the age of 60 days.
- Newborn Death Benefit – provides death benefit of uninsured newborn children of an insured member before the age of 60 days.
- Stillborn Child Benefit – provides a death benefit for a stillborn child when one parent is an insured member, and stillbirth occurs after 20th week of pregnancy but before delivery.
- School Bus Accident Benefit – provides an additional 50% of the face value of the insured child’s policy, not to exceed $5,000) due to death by accident on a chartered bus traveling for any school activity.
Volunteer of the Year Award
The Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes a Degree of Honor member who simply gives back in all they do. The award is open to all social and insured members, of any age, who carry out the Degree of Honor mission in their daily lives. You may nominate yourself or another member.
The award includes:
- National recognition
- $1,000 donation to the charity of their choice.